Sendero PC Maps and GPS
Sendero PC Maps and GPS Detailed info | Maps Options
Comparison between Sendero PC Maps and APH Talking PC Maps
Sendero PC Maps is included at no additional charge with new Sendero GPS 2013 and Sense Navigation with the option to upgrade to GPS functionality for an additional fee. Orders must be placed directly with Sendero on-line or at 1-888-757-6810. Be prepared to provide your serial number and product version.
Sendero PC Maps and GPS v2013 only, for customers who do not own any Sendero products, One year PC Map license, no hardware included download only, Internet price $498
Sendero PC Maps v2013 only, for customers who do not own any Sendero products, One year PC Map license, no hardware included download only, Internet price $198
Upgrade from Sendero PC Maps 2013 to Sendero GPS v2013, includes GPS receiver, case and 32GB memory card with maps installed, price $798
If you purchase an Apex or other BrailleNote from Sendero, Sendero Maps for the PC will be included at no additional charge for a limited time.
By default, products are shipped from Sendero in California via UPS Ground, 5 to 7 days IN TRANSIT to the East Coast after the order is ready to ship. Choose the Rush shipping option for an additional $20 if you wish to reduce the shipping time to 3 days.
Accessible talking maps and GPS for the Windows PC
Sendero Group expands the power of accessible location information to the Windows PC with Sendero PC Maps and GPS. Sendero PC Maps and GPS allows the user to have fun exploring his or her environment and to develop location literacy in the process. Sendero PC Maps can be used for virtual map exploration or can be upgraded to have GPS capabilities so that you can also have real-time location information as you travel through your environment.
With an intuitive user interface and the power of the PC, accessible maps and GPS are at your fingertips. Just type a destination, select a route and you are on your way. Sendero PC Maps and GPS enables you to:
- Explore rural roads or city streets, intersection-by-intersection. Teachers, family, friends, anyone can follow along with the integrated visual maps.
- Record personal Points of Interest (POI) and add rich audio content like restaurant menus or museum descriptions. Effortlessly share these POIs in real-time when you sync with the Sendero servers or your Sendero GPS or Sense Navigation product.
- Hear your direction of travel. Check the odometer for distance traveled.
- Search the database of 15 million Points Of Interest in North America for everything from airports to zoos and choose one as your destination.
- Create and follow a route to that destination. Or turn on the manual route creation and create the route while you explore the maps.
- Easily save and print or emboss routes to take with you or to share.
- Create longer more complex routes on the PC and then transfer them to your Sendero GPS or Sense Navigation product.
What's new in Sendero Maps 2013
Changes from Sendero Maps Version 2012.6 to Version 2013
March 7, 2013
- New 2013 maps and POIs.
- Added new product Sendero PC GPS (for purchase)
- Speed increase when searching for and expanding POIs.
- Added distance units Yards.
- Ability to send feedback from inside the program
- Improved stability
- Number of other minor improvements.
What's new in Sendero Maps 2012
Changes from Sendero Maps Version 2012.5 to Version 2012.6
September 4, 2012
- Improved Virtual navigation with respect to direction, announcements and roundabouts.
- Virtual navigation now stops are all cross streets except over and underpasses.
- Improved route creation with 2012 maps with respect to highways.
- Number of minor improvements under the hood.
Changes from Sendero Maps Version 2012 to Version 2012.5
August 20, 2012
- Sendero Maps seamlessly handles the switching between screen readers. You no longer need to restart Sendero Maps if you switch screen readers or need to reload your screen reader for any reason.
- New Sound effect when successful downloading of Updates or Syncing of maps and POIs are complete.
- Map/POI manager support for EZ customers only.
- Number of minor improvements under the hood.
Changes from Sendero Maps Version 2011.2 to Version 2012
June 29, 2012
- Added the ability to download and install Maps and POIs from within SenderoMaps.
- New check for updates feature that can check for updated Maps, user submitted POIs, GPS installers and GTFS feeds.
- Synchronize option that can synchronize maps, POIs, GPS installers, license keys, favorites and GTFS feeds from your computer to Sendero GPS for the BrailleNote or Sense Navigation.
- Create your own POIs and instantly share them with other Sendero users by submitting them to the large collection of user submitted POIs.
- Install maps in one folder on your computer and when synchronizing, have the software automatically sort the maps into specific map regions for better performance on your SD or Compact flash card. Sorting is the default behavior.
- When switching map folders you are presented with a list of maps instead of having to browse to another folder. If the automatic detection fails, the option to browse to another map is still available.
- Updated Maps and POIs for 2012.
Changes from Sendero Maps Version 2011 to Version 2011.2
November 2, 2011
- Added a visual map with low vision features to the primary software screen including the ability to zoom in and out of the map. The text descriptions of your current location are still available.
- A visual Settings dialog makes it possible to adjust the default visual options of the graphical maps in the Visual Options item under the Tools Menu.
- Customizable font and font size up to 36 point
- Customizable road thicknesses
- Dark foreground on light background or light foreground on dark background
- Size of current position icon from 1/4 inch to over 2 inches
li> Customizable colors for current position, route waypoints, destination, one ways, overpasses, and foreground and background colors.
- Creating Manual Routes by virtually exploring the map. With this feature it is now possible to create a manual route just by exploring around the map.
- Standardized printing functions
- Print and copy to clipboard added to Route Descriptions, POI lists and POI details.
- When copying your Latitude and Longitude (from the Locations menu) to your clipboard, you can paste this location into maps.google.com and be taken directly to where you are in the program. The Latitude is first, followed by the longitude.
Changes from Sendero Maps Version 2010.2 to Version 2011
April 13, 2011
- New 2011 Maps and POIs
- Side of Street tracking with cross street functionality.
- Addition of freeway exit numbers and which city the freeway is heading towards: for intersections, lookaround intersections and route following. Example: "ramp to CA-85 SB. Exit 1A, towards Gilroy".
- Ability to describe any intersection with the "annotate intersection" feature.
- New Map installer that will unzip maps you have downloaded into your maps folder.
- Automatic New Version Notification as well as Check for Updates from the menu.
- JAWS for WindowsT, Window-EyesT, System AccessT, HalT/SuperNova API, and NVDA screen readers are supported.
Sendero Maps for the PC options
Available options for purchase online are:
- European map bundle includes Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France/Monaco, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and more.
- North American Map Bundle includes maps from United States, Canada, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam
- Asian Map Bundle includes maps from Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia
- South African Map Bundle includes maps from South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
$128 32 GB SD card loaded with one-country map